Friday 1 January 2010

Welcome....

HELLO!

Welcome to my brand new sparkly blog. It's currently 00.53am on 1st January 2010. Which means that my Day Zero Project has officially started. What's the Day Zero Project, I don't really hear you ask... well, in short, it's a project in which you have 1001 days (approximately 2.75 years) to complete 101 dreams, goals, tasks and ambitions. Also known as the '101 in 1001 project', I found out about Day Zero through a thread on the MoneySavingExpert.com forums, and decided to take it on. I set a start date of today - 01/01/10 - which gives me a finish date (I think) of 27/09/12.

There is a basic Day Zero website set up for people to create their lists and track their progress, but I'll mostly be using this blog to record the events of my 1001 days. I'm planning to also make a lot of video blogs, which I should be embedding here.

Now I'm someone who is almost always late... and this project is no exception. I've known about it for over a month, and I am still yet to write my list. I have some ideas in my head, and I believe I wrote down a couple of ideas on the DayZeroProject website before it locked me out (!), but they were only few in number and, of course, I'm supposed to have 101. Over the next few days, I hope to work on my list and bring it up to a reasonable amount, but I don't want to risk putting down dumb, boring or downright stupid ideas down just to fill up the list. This is almost 3 years of my life after all.

I think my main aim for the project will be to make it a bit of an adventure. I'm going to aim high and have several large tasks on my list. Some will be easy to arrange, some will be bloody difficult to arrange, but that's half the fun of it. Which is what I want the whole thing to be... fun :)

Feel free to subscribe to the blog, and do comment occasionally with your ideas, opinions, complaints, recipes and words of wisdom. It's always nice to know someone is reading what I write.

Wish me luck!

Phill

No comments:

Post a Comment